LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL TEQUILA ACADEMY CONOCEDOR CERTIFICATION
Level 2-The Online Conocedor de Tequila is an advanced level qualification about tequila regulations and production practices. By completing this exam, participants prove that they have a detailed understanding about the denomination of origin of tequila, tequila production and the structure and role of the NOM system. The course covers everything from advanced classification, tequila definitions, agave farming practices, tequila production, bottling, waste management, filtration and blending. The course is aiming to offer the most up to date, relevant and accurate information for those wishing to become a tequila connoisseur. This course is a must do for anyone who want to talk or write about tequila in a professional manner and educate others.
Sample Level 2 Cert & Online Syllabus Subject to Change by ITA
- NOM legislation chronology - how the regulation has evolved from its beginnings to the present days.
- Authorized Producer - the prerequisites to become a tequila producer.
- CRT - the role and responsibilities of the regulator body of the tequila industry.
- Categories and Classifications advanced - getting deep into the regulation to categorize and classify tequila.
- Agave tequilana Weber variety azul - origins, cultivation and harvesting practices.
- Hydrolysis and Extraction - Modern vs traditional tequila production processes.
- Fermentation - formulation, types of yeasts, wild fermentation, vessels, Brix, other parameters.
- Distillation - pot stills vs column stills, other distillation techniques.
- Laboratory Analysis - analysing the different molecules, their roles and their legal limitations
- Resting, Stabilization & Aging of tequila - the stabilization and oxygenation of tequila and the aging process.
- Filtration techniques - introducing the various techniques producers use to filter their products.
- Mellowing - adding natural additives to soften the flavour of aged tequilas.
- Water Dilution - adding water to the tequila to adjust its alcohol level
- Blending, Marriage - single-distillery & inter-distillery blending of tequila products
- Bottling - special rules for bottling and labelling tequila bottles.
- Waste Management - waste generated by the industry and the ways to recycle it.
PLEASE NOTE THE PRICE IS FOR LEVEL 1 & 2 COURSES COMBINED.